Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

Victim recant

How can I recant a victim's statement and is this going to cost me a fine?

Asked on 12/18/05, 7:06 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gerald R. Yoakum The Practice of Gerald R. Yoakum, P.C. A Full Service Law Firm

Re: Victim recant

If the police believe that a false report was made in theory they could bring charges agaist that person. Hire an attorney they will know how to handle it.

Read more
Answered on 12/18/05, 7:43 pm
TC Langford Langford Law Office

Re: Victim recant

Mr. Yoakum is correct. You need to "make things right", but you need to be protected in the process. An attorney that represents you, not the defendant or the DA, is the person that can protect your interests. TCL

Read more
Answered on 12/18/05, 9:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas