Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Texas

my family and I live on apartment complex. We have a particular neighbor who we cant stand. This is because she keeps harrasing my little brother with the excuse that he starts problems with her son, which is actually the other way around. Her son and his sisters are always coming up to my brother trying to make him talk to them, or trying to make him trip or push him or call him names. Im sick and tired of them getting my brother to talk to them because both sides know they are not allowed to talk to each other. This was actually a request that the mom made, and I go by it strictly. I guess she didnt think I was going to take it serious, and I had enough of her kids harrasing my brother, and specially her, because she thinks she has the right to come to our apartment and start screaming at him. We called the police and they say they cant do anything about it because its nothing physical, we contact the aparment manager and they say they dont care about our problems. so I ask any advice on how we should proceed, because I really dont want it to end in a physical fight, but if no authority can prevent this and put an end to it, then it will because I no longer care to negotiate with her and come to an agreement. any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Asked on 1/23/12, 11:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

Unless threats are made (terroristic threat) or punches thrown (assault), not much can be done. I suggest that the adults in the two families meet in the apartment meeting room to discuss the situation and come to a settlement.

Read more
Answered on 1/23/12, 12:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Texas