Legal Question in DUI Law in Texas

Hi there - I'm a 30 year old female in Dallas county with a clean record. I am sad to say I received a ticket for Public Intoxication on 3/17/12. I am seeking advice on whether I should simply pay the fine or try to find a way to keep the ticket off my permanent record. I do not believe I have a way to fight the ticket but I am willing to do anything to keep it off my record. Please help! Thank you!

Kristy S.

Asked on 3/20/12, 3:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Plead not guilty, demand a jury, and go to trial. When you get there, the prosecutor will pull you aside and try to make a deal with you. Make a deal that keeps it off your record - if he won't do that, make him go to trial.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/12, 6:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Texas