Legal Question in Elder Law in Texas

My question would be similar. My brother has moved in on my mom from time to time after his divorces (5 in all) he is an abuser, Control freak. Anyway, he has moved in on my Mom told her he can't make it by himself. She has paid for his last two cars and pays his car insurance. He just can't make it. He has moved in since his last divorce, and now has moved another woman in with him and has put lock and key om the bedroom door he is staying in. I was staying there for a while before this to take her to the doctor and such. When I left is also when he moved in. He has moved my stuff into the middle bedroom closet and also some stuff into a storage room He bought and put in the back yard. He has over drawn Mom's bank account for the 2nd time since he has been there this time. He has also used her J.C.Penny's credit card before Christmas and charged $300.00 on it Mom is not happy about this, but she is afraid of him. He has shoved her before a few years ago, and threw allot of her furniture out of the back door including her TV and sewing machine. Anyway, is there anything that we the other sisters can do to get him removed from the house. We also suspect he locked the door because there is drugs in the room,

Asked on 12/30/10, 2:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

She can file a suit with the Justice Court to have him evicted. He is a "tenant at sufferance."

In the alternative, if Mom has some large, ugly relatives, she might ask them to move into the house, with the expectation that they will make your brother's life miserable and will make him WANT to move out.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/11, 5:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Texas