Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I have a 20 year old disabled daughter that my ex-wife that conservatorship over. I pay child support (indefinitely) and provide medical insurance. Since my daughter turned 18 she has been receiving SSI. Should I still have to pay child support? Out of pocket medical expenses?

Asked on 9/08/13, 1:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm

Talk to a local family lawyer about the government benefits she is receiving. You may be able to obtain modification of the support order to discount what she is receiving in government support.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 7:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas