Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Attorney Fee.

A little over a year ago I retained an attorney to represent me in a divorce. He told me to send him a check for his fee to represent me in an uncontested divorce. I did so. A little later it looked like the divorce might be contested. He told me to send more money. I did. As it turned out it was probably(even he admitted it)the most uncontested divorce he ever handled. Before we left the courthouse he told me he would refund the last money that I sent him. That was in May, 2001. I have called his office several times since and he is always ''out of the office.'' His receptionist has told me that they will send me a check, but they never have. What recourse do I have?

Asked on 4/07/02, 1:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Pfister, Jr. Pfister & Associates

Re: Attorney Fee.

Send your request in writing. If that doesnt work, you may consider the local fee dispute committee of the local bar association. In Dallas, the local Dallas Bar Association has such a committee. You can also sue the atty. in small claims court.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 4/07/02, 10:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas