Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Is there a charge to file a motion to dismiss a petition for divorce through the courts?

Asked on 3/19/13, 1:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

If you filed the petition, you can simply file a motion saying you want it dismissed. If you take no action on the petition already filed, it will be DWOP'd after a while. (Dismissed for Want of Prosecution)

Read more
Answered on 3/19/13, 5:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas