Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

child custody

I have a 16 yr old son and a 13 yr old son that live with their mother. My oldest son has wanted to come live with me since he was 10. For the past 4 years his mother has gone back and forth about it. He now is 16 and is adament about coming to live with me. If his mother willingly lets him come and live with me how do I go about changing the child support order that is instated and do I have to go to court to change his residence.

Asked on 9/26/07, 1:43 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm

Re: child custody

Since mom has fluctuated frequently on this issue, if she now agrees, get a court order modifying conservatorship and residency for your son. Speak with an attorney. If this is uncontested, it will not be expensive. If his mother objects, and the facts are in your favor, hire a lawyer, as you may well prevail.

Read more
Answered on 9/26/07, 1:45 pm

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

Re: child custody

The only way to change a child support order is to enter a new one!

Read more
Answered on 9/26/07, 2:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas