Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Child Support

Someone is in jail on a cash bond of 7600.00 for child support, is there any way they can get out without paying 7600.00.

Asked on 10/18/00, 11:17 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC

Re: Child Support

They have 3 options: (1) a cash bond, (2) a property bond in twice the cash bond amount, and (3) a commercial bond from a bail bondsman.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/00, 10:25 am

Samuel Childs The Childs Law Firm

Re: Child Support

Even though the judge originally set the cash bond at $7,600, he might be persuaded at a subsequent re-hearing to reduce the bond amount if he is convinced that assets are not available to post a $7,600 cash bond.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/00, 8:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas