Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

child visitation

my ex husband and my kids live in texas, I live in florida. I only have supervised visitation rights, because I was never notified of the divorce until 2mo later when he called and told me. Being I didnt show for the hearing he got full custody. I am going to Tx next month to visit family and want to see my kids. How do I go about this? He won't answer my calls. What can I legally do? Can I just show up ?

Asked on 7/10/08, 6:34 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

TC Langford Langford Law Office

Re: child visitation

It probably won't do much good to just show up and expect visitation under these conditions. Read the decree. There are probably terms and guidelines for the supervised visitation. Follow those instructions. If the visitation is to be supervised by a facility, those facilities first require an intake process that you should follow prior to your visit.

If you want to correct the situation, talk to a lawyer about modifying the order.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/08, 6:43 pm
Johm Smith tom's

Re: child visitation

You should have a copy of the order, which will tell you what requirements and limitations have been placed on you. It sounds like you need to have a TX attorney change the current situation, if the facts are in your favor.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/08, 7:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas