Legal Question in Family Law in Texas


Do I have the legal right to take minor children from their and my mother if there is mental and physical abuse, without involving CPS and the court system?

Asked on 2/03/08, 4:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

TC Langford Langford Law Office

Re: children

Not if there are any court orders issued concerning the children. If she has custody, and you believe that are in danger, get a lawyer, and file a Petition to Modify. You will need evidence of the abuse.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/08, 3:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas