Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

My ex-wife and I divorced in August 2009 in the state of Texas. She was awarded the 2008 Mustang and was ordered to make all the payments to the finance company. She has not been able to make these payments because of her financial situation.She has offered to let me have the car since I have been making the payments on it even after the divorce so that the car would not be repossessed.How do I handle this? Do I need to have a legal document drawn up or can I have her sign a notice that she is giving me the car?

Asked on 6/29/10, 1:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bob Leonard Bob Leonard Law Group, PLLC

She now owns the car outright. She can either sell or give it to you. Just do the title transfer properly. Once this was awarded to her in the divorce, is not important how she got it.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/10, 9:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas