Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

The father of my child and I are in the same house together and have been for nearly 5 years and my daughter is 4 yoa. For the past 2 years he has been gone from about 7:00a.m. until 11:00p.m. daily (he's in school). He's at home on the weekends but sometimes he leaves to ride his motorcycle or spend time with his friends. I am a teacher so I am with my daughter during the summer nearly 24.7 and during the school year I pick her up from daycare at 5 or 6 everyday. Now that we are about to go our seperate ways, what are my chances for getting full custody or custody with child support? How does the courts make a/the decision?

Asked on 8/11/12, 8:33 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm

Courts make decisions of conservatorship based on the best interest of the child. If one parent is awarded primary conservatorship, it is usual to also be awarded child support; and the other parent to have standard visitation. Every case varies however, and there are as many options as there are families. Before taking any action, you would be wise to consult with a family lawyer in your county to discuss your options.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/12, 5:45 am

Bruce Zivley Bruce C. Zivley, Attorney at Law

I would be glad to discuss with you your available options. I am a board certified specialist in the field of family law practicing in the general Houston area and have exerience with cases such as yours. Call me at 713-600-5500 if you are interested in visiting about your case.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/12, 8:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas