Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Final Decree Documents Execution

Judge signed final decree in 1998. The attorneys representing petitioner and defendant where to execute documents within ten days to transfer residence, burial properties and stocks. These documents where never completed. I now obtain a threatening letter from attorney for respondent threatening to sue me for failure to execute documents. Can this be done since both lawyers failed to follow through? If so, what should I be concerned about from a legal standpoint?

Asked on 6/08/03, 9:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Basil Hoyl Law office of Basil Hoyl

Re: Final Decree Documents Execution

It sounds like you are about to be sued if you do not execute appropriate documents. Go to a lawyer with the documents if you have any questions. You might ask the first lawyer to send you documents for you to take to a lawyer to review.

Read more
Answered on 6/09/03, 12:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas