Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

How can I find an affordable attorney to file a divorce?

I'm located in Texas, live in Austin, TX and would like to file for divorce in Grayson County (where my ex). I have filed (and won) small claims suit before, so I usually do these things myself, however my ex and I do have a child (but almost no property), so I would rather deal with a professional with some experience.

How do I go about locating an attorney who is not expensive but also not completely new to this?

Asked on 9/05/13, 2:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Henderson Kevin Henderson Attorney at Law

In order to file for divorce you must be a Texas resident for 6 months and a resident of the county where you file for 90 days. You may not be able to file in Grayson County if you have been living in Travis County. In any event, a divorce is nothing like a small claims suit especially when a child is involved.

Like most things in life, you will get what you pay for in attorneys. Shop around. We don't all charge the same price.

Read more
Answered on 9/05/13, 2:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas