Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Where can this form be found: Notice of Hearing and Order Setting Hearing

that the judge is requesting in Cooke County, TX for the Petition to Terminate Withholding for Child Support since my son is 18 and graduated HS.


Asked on 7/22/13, 12:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

It appears from your zip code that you live in Houston.

You can go to the Harris County Law library downtown and see if they have the forms.

There are form books that have samples available of these forms. You will have to take the samples and make them applicable to your case.

If they have the Texas Family Practice Manual available, the forms should be in there.

I am unaware of them being available on-line.

They are just not that common.

Hint, hint: At the hearing you will have to have a form for the judge to sign that will terminate the child support. I assume you need this for your employer. Title it something like -- Order to Terminate the Withholders for Child Support. I'd look in the TX Fam. Practice Manual for that form too.

You will need to send that to your employer in order to stop the Wage Withholding Order after the judge signs it. I assume it will need to be a certified copy. That costs $1 per page at the District Clerk's office.

PS - yes, this is really quite a lot of work for something that should be very simple!

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 4:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas