Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I let a friend of mine stay at my house for less then two weeks. We have since then fallen out of sorts. I have asked her to come get her stuff and when she will be here, but all she said was when I get there. What legal forms/letters can I deliver to her to get her to remove the items in a timely manner so I don't become a storage place for her stuff?

Asked on 7/13/13, 2:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

Go to your local small claims court and find out if you need to legally evict her.

If so, you will need to follow all of their rules for the full eviction process.

Otherwise you could be held legally responsible for her belongings.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/13, 2:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas