Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Geographical Restrictions

My divorce is final. I have a child by my ex, we have joint managing conservertor ship. I am under geographical restriction, my papers conclude of an uplifting if he is to move out of the 100 mile radius first. He has just gotten married and has just had a baby. I have 3 children and I am wanting to get married, but it will cause me moving to another state, because my fiance is starting college there. The question is, what are my chances of being able to uplift my restriction, and can they hold me here, while I am trying to get on with my life, my child does live with me, and my ex gets visitation, my fiance and I have already had to be seperated for 8 months because of this matter. Please, if you could help me on this, I would be up most greatful. Thank you so much, and your website is wonderful. Thankyou,

Asked on 4/29/05, 1:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

Re: Geographical Restrictions

I offer a free phone consultation for people living in the Houston area. I'll need to know your court number to determine who the Judge is on your case.

Basically, if the father still lives in the county and you want to move away, he can fight the move.

Only the child is restricted - you can move anywhere. However, primary custody would go to the father and you would have visitation rights.

Fran Brochstein


Read more
Answered on 4/29/05, 1:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas