Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

So my girlferiend is 17 and she has my 3 month old baby she lets me see him and everything but her mom tells her that I can't see him and all this crap I have the right to have my baby if my girlfriend lets me have him for the weekend but her mom will always harass me about calling the police the police can't do Nuthen to me because I am picking up my son right? And my girlfriend who is 17 wants to leave that house she can right in the state of Texas she can?

Asked on 12/01/15, 4:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

TC Langford Langford Law Office

Did you sign an AOP at the hospital? Do you have a court order that designates child support, conservatorship, possession and access? You need legal standing that you are a parent (since you were not married) and then you need a court order that establishes each parent's rights and responsibilities. Since you are a minor, and not married, you have additional mountains to climb; but if it is important that you are important in this child's life - then you are obligated to follow through and make sure you able to parent him without interference. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 12/01/15, 5:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas