Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I have a girlfriend who I have a baby with. Our relationship went downhill. Now she is threatening to keep my daughter away from me and even wants to move to MI with my daughter. We do not have anything set in place with the attorney general as we had planned on marrying. The child is under 3 and I live in TX. What are my rights as a father?

Asked on 10/17/13, 11:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

None. Do not go to the TX A G. You need to hire a private attorney immediately and seek paternity rights and keep your child here. The mom is free to leave but the child is a TX resident and should stay in TX.

I recommend that you look on this website and on for an attorney,

I recommend attorney Patricia Bushman at 713-807-9405. She got my male cousin custody of his kids. She is tough smart attorney. She offers payment plans. I rent space in her office. Call her today!

Read more
Answered on 10/17/13, 12:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas