Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Good afternoon. My fiancee was just served with a divorce citation. In the petition filed by his ex wife, it states that "There are no court-ordered conservatorships affecting the children the subject of this suit". Additionally, it states that "the Petitioner believes the Petitioner and Respondent will enter into a written agreement containing provisions for conservatorship of, possession of, access to and support of the children.". He has been under a child support order and visitation schedule, signed off by the Attorney General office almost 5 years ago. Is this information listed in his citation inaccurate? Are their grounds to counter-file? We are concerned for the children involved.

Thank you!

Asked on 4/01/13, 4:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Daley Power Daley PLLC

Your fiancee is still married? If he cheated on her, he'll cheat on you so think this through very carefully.

To your question: Just file a countersuit stating accurate facts regarding the child. I'm not sure what your concerns about the children are in terms of an inaccurate pleading. But just straighten the record out with a counterpetition.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/13, 2:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas