Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Harassment from child protective services

A neighbor keeps on calling child protective services on me and alleging abuse to my child. The allegations have been bothering me because they want to see my child at school and at my home, they can not see me because i work late to support my family. Because they have not notified me in writing or phone calls i have not been aware that they were trying to get in touch with me and now they want to put me in a ''probationary period''. What can i do to these people that are calling on me in a slanderous way and the child protective services that are harassing me. This is not an isolated case, it happens almost every year and to other people.

Asked on 3/03/06, 7:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

Re: Harassment from child protective services

You cannot stop anyone from reporting you to CPS.

I would immediately hire an attorney to assist you.

I would not attempt to represent myself in this matter. CPS has special rules and they are truly the "big gorilla" when it comes to protecting children.

Run, don't walk, to an attorney's office.

Hire someone that has dealt with CPS before.

Read more
Answered on 3/03/06, 11:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas