Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I have joint managing convertorship of my 16 year old grandaughter. Her Dad has been verbally abusive to her lately. Quite a few things have happened in the past and she does not want to go back over there anymore. What is our rights if she wants to stay with us.

Asked on 10/10/11, 2:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lawrence Tackett Lawrence D. Tackett, PLLC

I would speak with the father, informally, to explain the problem to him, and ask for his permission not to force the child to go on visits with him. If he refuses to honor the child's wishes, you will have no choice other than to file a Petittion To Modify the Court's orders on conservatorship, and ask for sole managing conservatorship of the child.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/11, 7:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas