Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

If I have a jurisdiction and modification case open in Texas can father file in a different state

Asked on 6/15/13, 6:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

He can file a lawsuit.

You will have to answer it and show that there is already a lawsuit pending regarding the same parties on the same subject matter.

Unfortunately, this does happen. The other state does not know that your lawsuit already exists.

Look on this website and/or on to hire an attorney in the other state.

Read more
Answered on 6/16/13, 11:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas