Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Legal aid

my daughter is 25, husband left her with 2 small children, she is disabled and recieves less than $500 a month. She applied for TANF and was denied because she has this income. She can't afford a lawyer to file for child support. She moved in with me, she can't work because she has no baby sitter as I am full time employed. Is there any help available for her???

Asked on 3/25/02, 10:57 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom

Re: Legal aid

I have seen the Texas Attorney General's office give such cases high priority. You should make application at your nearest office.

Read more
Answered on 3/26/02, 8:54 am
Brandon Manus Manus Law Office

Re: Legal aid

You may try contacting your local Bar association and see if there is a group in your area that provides services to low income persons. One other area to check is a local Law School who may have a clinic that represents low income persons.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/02, 6:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas