Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Locks Changed

My wife left our house & stated she was filing for divorce. Within a couple of days she had the locks changed while I was at work. What can I do?

Asked on 2/04/08, 2:09 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

TC Langford Langford Law Office

Re: Locks Changed

Hire a lawyer and get pleadings filed for a temporary orders hearing. If there is no court order, you could technically demand entry -- however that makes a volatile situation worse, and undoubtedly will involve the police. It is a poor course of action. Instead, get a court's ruling of everyone's position. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/08, 2:16 pm
James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom

Re: Locks Changed

Ger her served first with a TRO and petition for divorce requiring access for you to the house. HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!

Read more
Answered on 2/04/08, 2:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas