Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

If a man puts his name on a birth certificate and the child is not bioligically his (he knows this when he willingly puts his name on bc) is he still responsible for child support if the couple later split up.

Asked on 2/08/10, 8:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

Basically, yes. He is the only "father" listed. If he wants to take DNA testing to prove he is not the father, it would depend on the age of the child.

If you want a consultation, email me at [email protected]

I charge $1 per minute to just talk.

Read more
Answered on 2/14/10, 10:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas