Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Hi my name is mariane brown and me and my baby daddy has been in a intimate relationship for three years . when i found my baby daddy he was with another women and ,the other women found out he got me preganant and ,now she has had another baby with him and i want to be totally done with him, i tryed to talk to him and he says that its goin to be hard to put him On child supprt because he didnt sign Her birth certificate. Is It goin to be hard?

Asked on 8/11/11, 2:30 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Greg Wiley Law Office of Greg Wiley PLLC

If he is the father, he is likely liable. Contact the child support division of the state attorney general's office. They should be able to assist you.

Best of luck

Read more
Answered on 8/11/11, 3:04 pm
Tanja Martini The Martini Law Firm, PC

A paternity test will establish whether he is your daughter's biological father and responsible for her child support - not whether he signed her birth certificate. If that were the standard, then there would be a lot fewer signed birth certificates.

Contact the Texas Attorney General's Child Support Division to apply for services. They will assist you in establishing your daughter's paternity and obtain the child support that she deserves. You can reach them at 1-800-252-8014 or you can apply for the services online at

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/11, 6:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas