Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

A mother is failing to reveal the location of where the child resides but is asking for money from the father be put into her bank. She is also making comments like he has another father you will never see him again. The child lived with the father/mother (non-married teens) for the first 18 months of his life. Will this help the father obtain custody since she is using the child only as a pawn for money. (She may have left the state with the child)

Asked on 5/19/13, 11:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

Do not give the mother money. The father will not get credit for it.

You need to hire an attorney. Look on this website & on and find an attorney in your county.

Your case is complex and it's impossible to answer all of your questions without meeting with you in person.

Unfortunately, what you describe happens all the time.

Hire a tough, smart attorney to help you.

Document everything that does go. Paperwork is a man's best friend. Keep receipts for every penny you ever sent her or spend on the kid. For example, if you ever bought diapers. Keep proof that you lived together. Have witnesses willing to come to court to testify. I suspect that woman will lie like a dog!

Good luck,

Read more
Answered on 6/16/13, 12:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas