Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

My parents are fighting for custody of the home that is under both of their names. My father abandoned the home over 3 years ago. My mother continues to reside with family members. The attorney my mother has right now is not really helping her. Without having to gone to court about it she was told she has 30 days to vacate the home. She was told by her lawyer she has 30 days. Is it permissible without having gone in front of the judge or sign any paperwork that she should have been told this ?

Asked on 3/31/17, 5:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm

If your mother is dissatisfied with her attorney then she should talk to him or her about the concerns or hire a different attorney. Inserting yourself into their relationship is most likely going to result in problems for your mother.

Read more
Answered on 4/01/17, 2:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas