Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I'm paying child support, mother won't allow visits for a year, info suggest she is not living with our child

Asked on 10/13/11, 11:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Write her a letter (paper letter -- don't use a telephone or email or text message) and tell her you're coming to pick up the child on October 21 at 6:00 pm. Tell her you expect her to have the child ready to go. Keep a copy of the letter.

Go to her house at 6:00 pm on October 21. Don't be late!!!! If you don't get the child (for ANY reason), file a motion for contempt against Mom and ask the Judge to put her in jail.

A lawyer will charge you $1500-$2000 for this.

Read more
Answered on 10/13/11, 11:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas