Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I have a question I really need help with at the moment I am indigent so I cannot afford to hire a attorney.

My question is I will be sent to jail coming up soon I have 2 Children that live with me there Biological mother has not seen them nor has she attempted to have any contact with them in over 3 years within the last 3 years I have made several attempts to contact her by phone and she normally hangs up and changes the number or by Facebook and she blocked me its to the point that she tells people that the 2 children isn't hers so I asked her if she was going to be like that toward the children why not just give me full custody she refuses to do that .

I am trying to write a letter for there step Mom so the kids can stay in her custody and she can take them to the Doctors and things me and the step mom are Currently not Married she has been with the kids most of there life's taking care of them with me. What I am trying to figure out is what information do I need to put in the letter?

Any Advice is greatly Appreciated Please contact me as soon as possible if you can.

Thanks you so much

Asked on 5/03/18, 12:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Daley KoonsFuller PC

I'm so sorry that you're having such a run of bad luck.

Here's what you need to do, and you don't need an attorney. Just follow the directions EXACTLY as they are laid out.

1. Read this article (very short):

2. Complete this form:

Chapter 34 of the Texas Family Code was enacted in 2009 precisely for these situations.

Good luck!!

Read more
Answered on 5/03/18, 6:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas