Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I just recently moved my daughters sperm donor is threatening to file kidnapping charges on me because my daughter moved with me can he do that? we do have a court order stating he gets her every other weekend an has to have insurance an pay child support he hasnt seen her in over 3 months he pays child support when he is working which is rare an doesnt have insurance on her.what do i do

Asked on 10/04/13, 11:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Daley Power Daley PLLC

If the orders in your case say that the child's primary residence is restricted to a particular geographic area and you have moved her out of that area, you are probably in violation of the court's order. I don't know that kidnapping is the right accusation to make, but I would suggest that you make certain you have not violated the court's order. I understand that daddy violates the support order, but that will not excuse you violating a geographic restriction.

If there is no geographic restriction in place in the order, then you can live wherever you want with your child and he'll just have to get used to it.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/13, 1:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas