Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Relocation and Custody

I do not have a geo restriction in my decree final last sept--name removed--My ex agreed to let my girls and I move to Oregon. We are settled here since October 5. He now wants to try to force me to move back on a whim--name removed--Can he do this? A judge wont allow him to yank the kids from their life here--name removed--They are settled and stable. He also said that 1 year and 1 day he can file for full custody--name removed--Is this true--name removed--Can I get Oregon jurisdiction? Help!

Asked on 8/06/07, 2:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm

Re: Relocation and Custody

He can ask for custody in a Texas court -- but that doesn't mean he will get it. You should consult with an Oregon attorney, to see if the case can be moved.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/07, 12:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas