Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I am a retired veteran I am unemployed I make 2,300 a month in retirement. I am already paying $690.00 child support to my ex-spouse for my son who is 16, I have a court order to pay a percentage of my retirement pay to my ex-spouse also what does the law say about this situation? Do I have to pay both? On the other hand, do I finish paying child support and when that is completed, then start paying percentage of retirement pay?

Asked on 12/28/10, 8:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Keith Engelke Law Office of S. Keith Engelke

Unless the order provides otherwise, you have to pay both.

Read more
Answered on 1/02/11, 4:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas