Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

what rights do I have if my common law spouse dies? all our assets were in only his name, what can i do?

Asked on 5/07/12, 10:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

You have to prove that he was your spouse. You do this by putting on evidence of the elements of an informal marriage (since you don't have a marriage license).

Read more
Answered on 5/08/12, 2:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas