Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

My sister is 15 yrs old she no longer wants to live with my mom. she runs away all the time.

my question if she calls me and i go get her from what ever place she ran away from can i get in trouble if i take her to a phys hospital as soon as i pick her up ?

Asked on 2/10/11, 11:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Daley Power Daley PLLC

If she is running away against the will of her parent(s), you can be charged with harboring a run away. Why would you take her to a hospital? If she is in physical danger, you need to call CPS. If it's not so bad that you need to call CPS, it may be possible for you to either get her parents to agree to let her live with you for a while using a Texas Family Code Chapter 34 Authorization Agreement. You may also have standing to sue for conservatorship.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/11, 5:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas