Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

My son is 15 he will be 16 in july, last nite his father backhanded him across the face. My son is now scared to death of his father that he ran from the house and hid out in a store until I was able to get to him. I called the police and they said there is nothing they can do about the situation because in the state of texas parents have the right to punish the child the way they see fit as long as it's not excesive. Unfortunaly I had to take my son back to his fathers last nite because of the divorce papers stating that the child is legally in his custody at this time. This is not the first time his father has used bruit force on his son to get him to do something or make him tell him something. Someone please help I want my child out of that house, what do I do?

Asked on 2/09/10, 7:09 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Keith Engelke Law Office of S. Keith Engelke

Get a divorce attorney to file a motion to modify visitation./possession so dad can only see his son under supervised conditions.

Read more
Answered on 2/14/10, 7:18 am
Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

I agree with Keith. You need to modify the current child support order. You need to move quickly so that you can ask for a hearing.

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 2/14/10, 10:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas