Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

How do get spouse out my home after my divorce has been granted. In the final decree I ask for my keys and garage door opener

Asked on 10/15/11, 6:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lawrence Tackett Lawrence D. Tackett, PLLC

If you were awarded the home in the divorce, you will have to file a Forcible Entry and Detainer action in your local Justice Court and show the Judge a certified copy of your Final Decree of Divorce. He will enter a judgment for your spouse to vacate, usually within 5 days.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/11, 7:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas