Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Summer Visitation

My son will be 3 on August 3, 2002. My ex-husband gets him for two weeks in the school break from ages 3-5. Will this start this school break? Or will this start next school break? (He is supposed to give me written notice by May of the year that he is wanting to get him with the dates that he wants him.)

Asked on 4/01/02, 4:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

Re: Summer Visitation

The last document the court signed is the document that controls the issue you mentioned.

It is probably called the the Final Decree of Divorce -- that is the document you need to read and follow. If you have recently modified the Final Decree of Divorce then it will be called probably "Modification".

You need a certified copy of the last document signed by the Judge.

I recommend that you call the attorney that handled your divorce and talk to that person.

If you live in the Houston area, I offer a consultation (if you have a certified copy of the last court signed document) for $150 for a one-time consultation of one hour.

Please call my office if you are interested at 713-847-6000. Be sure to let me know that you found me on

Read more
Answered on 4/03/02, 2:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas