Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

At the time of my husband's divorce his child support was set based on not having any other minor children in the household with him, we now have two kids together. Is this justification to modify child support? Also his place of employment will not allow him to remove the kids from his health insurance. The court orders listed actual costs of healthcare as $255.00 however he's paying a total of $375.88/month even though they are fully covered under my insurance. Shouldn't he legally be able to remove him from his employer insurance since they are indeed covered 100% under mine?

Asked on 10/17/13, 8:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

It sounds like you might qualify for a modification but an attorney would need to sit down with you in person and review everything.

Look on this website and on for an attorney.

I recommend Patricia Bushman at 713-807-9405. I rent space in her office. She offers payment plans. Tell her that I sent you to her. Her first appointment is free. Based on your zip code, I assume that you live in Harris County. Our office is behind Mike Calvert Toyota by Reliant Stadium - Loop 610 & Kirby Drive.

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 10/17/13, 12:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas