Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

My ex is treating to sue me for old bills on both our names can she ? And will that effect trying to get a divorce ?

Asked on 8/20/13, 4:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

If you are still married to her she is not your ex, she is still your wife.

Since TX does not have legal separation and it appears that the two of you are separated, why not file for divorce since the debts will be handled in the divorce.

Talk to an attorney in your county and file immediately. That will stop her lawsuit. You cannot have 2 lawsuits going on at the same time on the same subject matter!

Read more
Answered on 8/21/13, 8:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas