Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

My uncle wants to sign over his rights of his two boys to me due to him not being able to care for them financially at this time. wants me to allow them to stay with me,enroll them into a school close to me, cloth and feed them.The boys mom has issues with drugs and is currently in jail for drug possession. What can we do for placement or guardianship or whats needed for this to take place?

Asked on 10/17/13, 12:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

You need to talk to a family law attorney in your county immediately. Don't try to do this without an attorney. Don't try a do it yourself kit. The mom needs to be notified of the legal proceeding but she won't get custody since she is in jail.

Look on this website & on for an attorney.

Good luck! Thanks for agreeing to step in and helping these kids. God bless you!

Read more
Answered on 10/17/13, 12:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas