Legal Question in Family Law in Texas


I have three weekneds a month with my child, however his mother is unwilling to meet me half way or go one way. The court order states that we must meet half way or go one way to or from. The distance between us is 76 miles.

Asked on 3/07/08, 10:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom

Re: Visitation

Then you will have to file a motion for enforcement of the order and a motion to modify. You might mention in your motion to modify that you want custody of the child and you will abide by the court's order. If she decides to change her mind about refusing to obey the court's order, be sure to get a hearing if you can or at least an agreement in writing with which you could enforce the order and modify the custody. good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/08, 11:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas