Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

While on weekend visits, my 16.5 yr old daughter has been allowed to go out drinking and partying with her 20 yr old step-sister, where she is also being exposed to drugs and at one point my daughter supposedly watched her have sex with some 19yr old. I have text msg confirmation and a positive urine test that provide evidence this is happening. I also have proof of text msgs between my 16yr old and her 17 yr old step-brother that they're smoking pot or something. I have advised my ex-husband of the situation and he disregards it but points the finger at me as if I've taught her this behavior. What's amazing is he is a supervisor with one of our local police departments. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from continuing and prevent my ex-husband from exposing my 10 yr old son to these elements as well?

Asked on 12/28/10, 9:57 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Yes. File a motion for modification that asks for his visitation to be curtailed, supervised, or eliminated completely. And ask for temporary orders.

Read more
Answered on 1/02/11, 11:04 am
Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

If you live in the Houston area, contact me for a referral. I absolutely agree with Mark Dunn.

Read more
Answered on 1/03/11, 8:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas