Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Hello, My wife has filed for Divorce, along with a restraining order. stating that I attacked her, and was physically and verbally abusive. Also she's asking that I be removed from our home and forced to pay her bills. We've been Married for 4 years, we have a 3 1/2 year old son. The allegations are fabricated. But this is a way for the courts to grant her an expedited divorce and everything she's asking. 3 weeks ago we were planning to file for a Divorce and settle the terms among st ourselves. We have no community property, I stated that she's only entitled to child support for our son. She works full time as a substitute teacher. I have 2 step sons who live with us, we are very close. My wife is asking that I pay her bills for 6 months after if im evicted from the home. Up until Monday Aug 12th weve been living in the home. out of nowhere I am served with papers that she fears for her life and for the kids?

She's also asking that i do not have any contact with our son until the Divorce is finalized? Or any of the kids for that matter. they are 19, 14 3. The oldest son moved out because of his mom's actions. But, I'm the Monster here. He also received about $6800 from student loans and grants, which she spent the majority of his money and said she's mama and she can do that. he came to me crying and hurt. She also received about $7000 in April her Income taxes, None of which she spent towards any of the bills at the Apt. Now she's asking the Judge to make me pay the bills, if/when Im forced to leave.

Please, someone I need some advice. This is NOT the woman I married. Someone has been whispering in her ear.

I know this because, she has joint custody with our middle son with his Dad in Calif. We moved here to TX without her getting permission from the courts. I found out when the Dad called and was threatening to have her arrested.

Need Help in Texas.

Asked on 8/16/13, 11:40 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

You must hire a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 8/17/13, 7:13 am
Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

Look on this website & on

Your poor step-son is going to have to re-pay the money she spent! I wonder is she will help him repay his loan!

Plus, she has a problem regarding the CA divorce. She might need to move back to CA. You might want to contact her husband in CA and join forces with him!

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 8/17/13, 8:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas