Legal Question in Family Law in Texas


My father left me when I was 3 years old. He came to the U.S.A. He then when I was 21 years old he gave legal status in the U.S.A. I am leaving in the U.S.A since 2002 and I have not heard of him. I am his first child and I have a sister from the second marriage of my father. My question is. If my father dies and I am not included in his will, can I fight for at least a bit of his fortune knowing that I am his first child? I am 34 years old.


Asked on 3/11/08, 7:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom

Re: Will

You're a legal heir. Depending upon the specific language of the will (if any), you might have a limited basis to contest any distribution which did not include you. You will need a good lawyer. Start saving. Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/11/08, 10:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas