Legal Question in Federal Tort Claims in Texas

coach gives med to daughter

Our daughter went to tennis practice today and a friend of the coach gave our daughter a ''liquid vitamin'' to help with her focus. Are there any steps that we need to take as we dive into this issue. They did not hve any type of consent to do so and they do not know if or what we may have her on in terms of medications.


Asked on 8/02/06, 1:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles White Charles G. White

Re: coach gives med to daughter

YOUR QUESTION: Are there any steps that we need to take as we dive into this issue?


Option 1: Talk to them about your concerns and get assurances that this type of conduct will cease.

Option 2: Sue them. I assume that your daughter has sustained no provable damages at this point. Thus, you are unlikely to find a lawyer who is willing to pursue this matter on a contingent fee bases.

Option 3: If it is important enough to you to make your point, sue them and ask for an injunction. It may be expensive, but you should be able to find a lawyer who will take the case if you are willing to pay for it.

Option 4: Of course you can go to the District Attorney and see if criminal charges can be filed. As a lawyer I cannot ethically advise you to do this for this purpose of advancing your civil claims.

Read more
Answered on 8/02/06, 3:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Federal Tort Claims Act Litigation questions and answers in Texas