Legal Question in Federal Tort Claims in Texas

finding the qualified lawyer for my situation

Can you recommend the type of lawyer I would need to represent me in filing a claim against the federal government?

Asked on 3/08/08, 4:39 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

Re: finding the qualified lawyer for my situation

As a member of Texas and Dallas Trial lawyers, we handle such claims...

Read more
Answered on 3/08/08, 1:35 pm
Stephen Petix Quinton & Petix

Re: finding the qualified lawyer for my situation

The lawyer you choose to represent you should (1) have knowledge and experience in handling tort cases under the law of the State where the injury occurred, (2) have knowledge and experience handling civil litigation in federal court (the United States District Court in your area), (3) have knowledge of the special procedures involved in presenting an administrative claim for damages with the federal agency that caused the injury, and (4) be willing to accept as his or her legal fee not more than 20% of the amount of your recovery if the claim is settled with the agency, and not more than 25% of your recovery if suit must be filed in U. S. District Court. (Costs and expenses can also be recovered by the attorney, if advanced on behalf of the client.)

Read more
Answered on 5/30/08, 7:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Federal Tort Claims Act Litigation questions and answers in Texas