Legal Question in Federal Tort Claims in Texas

... need to know

In Texas .. how to serve a corporation that is not a Texas based corporation (but has a business located in my town)? Is there a statute that gives information?

Asked on 9/11/04, 9:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


Re: ... need to know

Service upon a Corporation usually must be made at the address listed, for Service, within the State; and upon the State (or Controlling Agency within the State of Incorporation ).

A Corporation's listed address is public information.

Federal (or State, depending upon the Court) Civil Procedures Law provides information about process service upon a corporation and jurisdiction.

Good luck,

Phroska L. McAlister,ESQ

Read more
Answered on 9/12/04, 12:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Federal Tort Claims Act Litigation questions and answers in Texas